Niihau sentence example
- m., distributed as follows: Hawaii, 4210; Maui, 728; Oahu, about 600; Kauai, 547; Molokai, 261; Lanai, 139; Niihau, 97; Kahoolawe, 69.
- Niihau, the most westerly of the inhabited islands, is 18 m.
- On the island of Niihau is a fine grass (Cyperus laevigatus), out of which the beautiful Niihau mats were formerly made; it is used in making Panama hats.
- The small islands of Lanai, Niihau and Kahoolawe are devoted chiefly to the raising of sheep and cattle - Niihau is one large privately owned sheep-ranch.
- The population of 1900 was distributed among the several islands as follows: Oahu, 58,404; Hawaii, 46,843; Maui and Lanai, 25,416; Kauai, 20,562; Molokai, 2504; Niihau, 172.Advertisement
- from Honolulu, a Pacific cable relay station and a post of the U.S. navy marines; and the county of Kauai, including Kauai and Niihau islands.
- The state of Hawaii consists of eight primary islands: Niihau, Kahoolawe, Lanai, Molokai, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island of Hawaii.