Nicotinic-acid sentence example
- On oxidation with chromic or nitric acids, or potassium permanganate, it yields nicotinic acid or (3-pyridine carboxylic acid, C 5 H 4 N CO 2 H; alkaline potassium ferricyanide gives nicotyrine, C10H10N2, and hydrogen peroxide oxynicotine, C10H14N20.
- With baryta it yields methylamine, and when heated with concentrated hydrochloric acid to 260° C. it yields methyl chloride and nicotinic acid.
- Mohr, Ber., 18 9 8, 3 1, p. 2 493), or by the action of bromine and caustic soda on the amide of nicotinic acid (F.
- With baryta it yields methylamine, and when heated with concentrated hydrochloric acid to 260Ã‚° C. it yields methyl chloride and nicotinic acid.
- Niacin, also known as nicotinic acid or vitamin B3, has been shown to reduce LDL levels by 10 to 20 percent and raise HDL levels by 15 to 35 percent.Advertisement
- Niacin, an essential nutrient, is often referred to as vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid.