Nicobar-islands sentence example
- See Sir Richard Temple, The Andaman and Nicobar Islands (Indian Census, 1901); C. B.
- The influence of the Australian realm is indicated by a Megapode in Celebes, another in Borneo and Labuan, and a third in the Nicobar islands (which, however, like the Andamans, belong to the Indian province), but there are no cockatoos, these keeping strictly to the other side of Wallace's line, whence we started on this survey of the world's avifauna.
- erythurus is one of the Asiatic species, ranging over the whole of India to Hong-kong, Timor and even to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- - Dibamus novae-Guineae of New Guinea, the Moluccas, Celebes and the Nicobar Islands.
- One was founded on the description by the Swedish sailor Niklas KBping of the ferocious men with long tails inhabiting the Nicobar Islands.Advertisement
- De Roepstorff, Dictionary of the Nancowry Dialect (Calcutta, 1884); Vocabulary of Dialects in the Nicobar and Andaman Islands (2nd ed., Calcutta, 1875); Prevost and Heing, Report on Preliminary Tour through the Nicobar Islands (Government, Rangoon, 1897); J.
- Moreover, the Andaman species differ from those of the adjacent Nicobar Islands.
- Miller, Mammals of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands (vol.
- When the Nicobar Islands were taken over by the British government two centuries later, the native warriors were still wearing their peculiar loin-cloth hanging behind in a most taillike manner (E.