Nicked sentence example
- I nicked the side of her neck, just enough to bleed.
- Roman glass beads are always drawn out, and nicked off hot, with striation Iengthways; except the large opaque variegated beads which are coiled.
- Tongue long, with papillae, like that of the Lacertidae but only feebly nicked anteriorly.
- Upset some sad person by selling a perfectly legal golliwog and " You're nicked sunshine " .
- Karl had already nicked fifth back from Stanley, who slid through the mud exiting the hairpin for the final time.Advertisement
- That said, I have never had a bike nicked, which is a good sign.
- Many of the above shamelessly nicked from this forum (thanks Gordon ). Click here to see the Wii in all its glory.
- It used to be that the whole point of boyfriend jeans was that you didn't have to shop for or buy them - you just nicked them off your boyfriend.
- Steelyards are simple, trustworthy and durable, but unless special contrivances are introduced for ascertaining the position of the travelling poise with very great accuracy, there will be a little uncertainty as to the reading, and therefore steelyards are not in general so accurate as scale-beams. When carefully nicked they are well-adapted for weighing out definite quantities of goods, such as i lb, 2 lb, &c., as in such cases there is no question of estimation.
- Corners scuffed, cloth nicked at head of spine, armorial bookplate, good.Advertisement
- The shirt almost looks like something you nicked from your boyfriend, but it's very much made for you.
- Often due to prolonged use, the blade on the Rival food slicer can become dull or nicked, making it one of the most common parts to replaced on this appliance.
- Tongue, thick and broad, slightly nicked anteriorly.
- - Pleurodont; tongue short, villose, scarcely protractile, feebly nicked at the tip. With osteoderms at least upon the skull, where they roof in the temporal region.
- Tongue scaly, feebly nicked in front.Advertisement
- Katie pulled up the sleeve of her soaked sweater and nicked her arm. She set down the knife and squeezed out a few drops of blood, watching as they landed on the roots.
- The worm-shaped body is devoid of osteoderms. The tongue is short, covered with imbricating papillae and slightly nicked anteriorly.