Niceties sentence example
- He detected grammatical niceties in Latin, in regard to the consecution of tenses which had escaped preceding critics.
- Men had to receive the very rudiments of culture before they could appreciate its niceties.
- The Assyrians with all their culture, never attained the stage of analysis which demonstrates that only a few fundamental sounds are involved in human speech, and hence that it is possible to express all the niceties of utterance with an alphabet of little more than a score of letters.
- Secundus devoted much attention to the niceties of grammar and style, on which he was recognized as an.
- But the common people did not discriminate, and believed that when they bought an Indulgence they were purchasing pardon from sin; and Luther placed himself in the position of the ordinary Christian uninstructed in the niceties of theological distinctions.Advertisement
- But academic niceties become more figural in the present somewhat undignified and desperate scramble for respect and recognition.
- He buried his meaning in vagueness and niceties.
- His knowledge of Greek and Latin was never thorough, nor had he any turn for critical niceties.
- On the other hand, broadside ballad printers do not seem to have been noted for their observation of social niceties.
- "To me," he says, "it seems far more natural that a man engaged in composing political discourses, imperishable memorials of his power, should neglect not even the smallest details, than that the veneration of painters and sculptors, who are darkly showing forth their manual tact and toil in a corruptible material, should exhaust the refinements of their art on the veins, on the feathers, on the down of the lip, and the like niceties."Advertisement
- The niceties soon ended as Mills began publicly accusing McCartney of being physically violent toward her -- Paul retorted by making less than flattering comments about his ex-wife in public.
- Some clients are a little smoother, and some offer niceties like the option to have the four card suits show up in four colors rather than just red and black.
- Other niceties include a Puzzle Mode, Time Attack Mode, Skin Edit Mode, and Mission Mode.
- Overall, interactions tend to be very polite and formal and conversations are sprinkled with many niceties.
- Once you've got the basic French niceties down, it's time to move on to the French alphabet.Advertisement
- Build for Comfort - Bunk beds will go together quickly and it's easy to do a down-and-dirty installation, but don't forget the niceties.
- But when a committee of the Royal Asiatic Society, with George Grote at its head, decided that the translations of an Assyrian text made independently by the scholars just named were at once perfectly intelligible and closely in accord with one another, scepticism was silenced, and the new science was admitted to have made good its claims. Naturally the early investigators did not fathom all the niceties of the language, and the work of grammatical investigation has gone on continuously under the auspices of a constantly growing band of workers.