Nicene council sentence example
- Up to the Nicene Council the Church kept Easter coincident with the Jewish Passover, but after that period took elaborate precautions to dissociate the two.
- Along similar lines Loofs selects phrases as typical of creeds which go back to a date preceding the Nicene Council.
- Creed of Eusebius of Caesarea, presented to the Nicene Council.
- The second stage began with the outbreak of the controversy in 318, and continued until the Nicene Council.
- The Nicene Creed of the liturgies, often called the Constantinopolitan creed, is the old baptismal creed of Jerusalem revised by the insertion of Nicene terms. The idea that the council merely added to the last section has been disproved by Hort's famous dissertation in 1876.3 The text of the creed of the Nicene Council was based on the creed of Eusebius of Caesarea, and a comparison of the four creeds side by side proves to demonstration their distinctness, in spite of the tendency of copyists to confuse and assimilate the forms.4 Creed of Eusebius, A.D.Advertisement