Nf sentence example
- The output nf stone from quarries is greatly diminished (from 12,500,000 tons, worth 1/21,920,000, in 1890, to 8,000,000 tons, worth 1/2f 400,000, in 1899), a circumstance probably attributable to the slackening of building enterprise in many cities, and to the decrease in the demand for stone for railway, maritime and river embankment works.
- Neurofibromatosis (NF) is a genetic disease in which multiple soft tumors (neurofibromas) develop under the skin and throughout the nervous system.
- There are two types of NF: NF-1, also called vonRecklinghausen NF, and NF-2, also called acoustic NF (sometimes bilateral acoustic NF or BAN).
- In both types of NF, a genetic defect causes these neural crest cells to develop abnormally, resulting in numerous tumors and malformations of the nerves, bones, and skin.
- However, a family pattern of NF is only evident for about half of all cases of NF.Advertisement
- The other cases of NF occur due to a spontaneous mutation (a permanent change in the structure of a specific gene).
- The chance of a person with NF passing on the NF gene to a child is 50 percent.
- A history of either form of NF in the child's parent or sibling is reason to consult a physician.
- When cancers develop as a result of NF, prognosis worsens according to the specific type of cancer.
- There is no known way to prevent NF cases that occur as a result of spontaneous change in the genes (mutation).Advertisement
- New cases of inherited NF can be prevented with careful genetic counseling.
- Parents with NF can be encouraged to understand that each of his or her offspring has a 50 percent chance of also having NF.
- When a parent has NF, and the specific genetic defect causing the parent's disease has been identified, tests can be performed on the fetus (developing baby) during pregnancy.
- Necrotizing fasciitis (NF) is not common, but when it does occur, it's dangerous.
- Friction of Teeth.Let N be the normal pressure exerted between a pair of teeth of a pair of wheels; s the total distance through which they slide upon each other; n the number Of pairs of teeth which pass the plane of axis in a unit of time; then nf NI (63)Advertisement
- The NF has been trying to recruit football hooligans for its march.
- To add to the pressure the police warned that football thugs could turn up to support the NF.