Next world sentence example
- His strange title is given him in the chronicles on the strength of a story that he put two brothers of the name of Carvajal to death tyrannically, and was given a time, a plazo, by them in which to answer for his crime in the next world.
- This gospel described the progress of a soul through the next world.
- He that would live to the next world must shun this.
- When once it had taught men that the next world was God's world, though it did so at the cost of relinquishing the present to Satan, it had achieved its real task, and the time had come for it to quit the stage of history, when Christianity appeared as the heir of this true spiritual achievement.
- Some of the Greeks, notably Origen, teach that even the perfect must go through fire in the next world.Advertisement
- If they failed to make such amends, they were not only damned by society but damned in the next world.
- You never know, the next world champion may soon be knocking on your door!
- proclaim the truth; work for the next world.
- reborn in the next world.
- Heaven, as in the Hebrew shamayim, the Greek oipavos, the Latin caelum, is the abode of God, and as such in Christian eschatology is the place of the blessed in the next world (see Eschatology and Paradise).Advertisement
- "It seems that even in the next world only the gentry are to have a chance!" remarked one.
- Women may have used them as requests for children or pleas to the mother goddess to be reborn in the next world.