Newtons sentence example
- The force on a panel due to a sound wave in air could be described by Newtons Second Law of Motion.
- Newtons Second Law asserts that change of momentum is equal to the impulse; this is a statement as to equality of vectors and so implies identity of direction as well as of magnitude.
- We shall see later that it is implied in Newtons statement of his Second Law of motion.
- The product mu of the mass into the velocity is called the momentum or (in Newtons phrase) the quantity of motion.
- The statement that the increase of momentum is equal to the impulse is (it may be remarked) equivalent to Newtons own formulation of his Second Law.Advertisement
- In the case of a particle falling directly towards the earth from rest at a very great distance we have C=o and, by Newtons Law of Gravitation, p/ai=g, where a is the earths radius.
- Statics of a System of ParticlesWe assume that the mutual forces between the pairs of particles, whatever their nature, are subject to the Law of Action and Reaction (Newtons Third Law); i.e.