Newsreel sentence example
- Interestingly, a local cinema is showing a newsreel of the funeral of the mayor.
- Back in Cork, members of the local flying column are in the cinema watching a silent newsreel.
- Topical Budget was a silent British newsreel that ran for almost twenty years from September 1911 to March 1931.
- Their bi-weekly newsreel was normally shown in cinemas and their logo was a cockerel crowing.
- The first British sound newsreel was British Movietone News, which began life in June 1929.Advertisement
- British Universities newsreel Project access to a database describing around 160,000 newsreel stories from 1910 to 1979.
- British Universities newsreel Database - BUND A database of British cinema newsreel production from 1910 to 1979.
- They even obtained raw, unedited television newsreel footage of ITN and Thames Television news broadcasts covering his public appearances.
- It considers the representation of women in the British propaganda newsreel, Indian News Parade, which ran in India 1943-1946.
- Whilst watching the 1948 cinema newsreel, seeing Zatopek winning the gold medal at the 1948 London Olympics inspired him.Advertisement
- His call for a "march of dimes" was a play on "The March of Time," a well-known newsreel series.