New-democratic sentence example
- In the assertion of their national aspirations, confused as these were with the new democratic ideals, the Magyars had had the support of the German democrats who temporarily held the reins of power in Vienna.
- Its organization, adopted by the common synod, was the product of the new democratic ideal embodied in the Cleisthenic reforms, as interpreted by a just and moderate exponent.
- Critias, however, fearing a renewal of the collapse of 411, disarmed the people and decided to remove Theramenes before he could create a new democratic party.
- The French Revolution, in which all Europe was engrossed, was in Goethe's eyes only another proof that the passing of the old regime meant the abrogation of all law and order, and he gave voice to his antagonism to the new democratic principles in the dramas Der Grosskophta (1792), Der Burgergeneral (1793), and in the unfinished fragments Die Aufgeregten and Das Miidchen von Oberkirch.
- The new democratic government which the French had established in Holland purchased peace by surrendering Dutch territory to the south of that river.Advertisement
- They are keen to announce their new democratic credentials.
- Thus, people now, finding themselves in a new democratic dispensation, are forcing the issue.
- The real alternative is a new mass party of the working class, pledged to oppose militarism by establishing a new democratic socialist society.