Nevus sentence example
- Fewer than 1 percent of newborns have port-wine stains (nevus flammeus), birthmarks.
- Closer inspection revealed an underlying choroidal nevus and no choroidal neovascular membrane.
- A mole (nevus) is a pigmented (colored) spot on the outer layer of the skin (epidermis).
- Nevus (plural, nevi)-The medical term for any anomaly of the skin that is present at birth, including moles and birthmarks.
- One type, the salmon patch (nevus simplex), is a pink mark comprised of dilated capillaries (also called a stork bite).Advertisement
- Nevus flammeus are often permanent; these flat pink to red marks develop into dark purple bumpy areas in later life; 85 percent appear on only one side of the body.
- Halo Nevus: Sometimes seen in individuals who suffer from vitiligo, a halo nevus is a pink- or brown-toned mole surrounded by very light or white skin.