Nevi sentence example
- Most moles are benign (not cancerous), but atypical moles (dysplastic nevi) may develop into malignant melanoma, a potentially fatal form of skin cancer.
- Congenital nevi are more apt to become cancerous than moles that develop after birth, especially if they are more than eight inches in diameter.
- Nevus (plural, nevi)-The medical term for any anomaly of the skin that is present at birth, including moles and birthmarks.
- Another characteristic cosmetic feature is the presence of multiple pigmented nevi (colored spots on the skin).
- Skin angiomas, also called vascular nevi (marks), are overgrown blood vessel tissue (hemangiomas) or lymph vessel tissue (lymphangiomas) beneath the skin's surface.Advertisement
- Moles that are present at birth are called congenital nevi.