Neutrons sentence example
- Control rods are inserted into the reactor core, more neutrons are absorbed.
- Germanium-76 can undergo double beta decay in which two neutrons decay into protons, electrons and antineutrinos.
- An atom is made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- Nature of problem: Inertial confinement fusion target explosions emit energy in the form of neutrons, X-rays, and ionic debris.
- This generates high brightness beams of energetic gamma rays, protons, neutrons, and heavy ions.Advertisement
- Shields made of water or wax can be used to absorb neutrons.
- The repulsion force being caused by the fact that the copper has more neutrons than the water.
- Second, it is a potent radioactive carcinogen, emitting a relatively heavy alpha particle composed of 2 protons and 2 neutrons.
- The typical helium atom consists of a nucleus of two protons and two neutrons surrounded by two electrons.
- These values depend on the density of protons and neutrons, which are collectively called baryons.Advertisement
- Several neutrons are also produced which may go on to strike the nuclei of other atoms causing further fission.
- Once thermal neutrons have been produced, then nuclear fission may begin to occur.
- By 1935 the two men had discovered slow neutrons, which have properties important to the operation of nuclear reactors.
- Neutron High energy neutron High energy neutrons can penetrate thick lead shields.
- The number of neutrons and protons is such that the valence nucleons occupy the same orbitals.Advertisement
- The assumption of charge independence is used to calculate production by cosmic ray neutrons using spallation cross sections for proton induced reactions.