Neutral ground sentence example
- Before his agent returned, however, he had betrayed his colleague's plans to Jefferson, formed the Neutral Ground Agreement with the Spanish commander of the Texas frontier, placed New Orleans under martial law, and apprehended Burr and some of his alleged accomplices.
- The city of Alexandria had gradually become the neutral ground of Europe, Asia and Africa.
- The river forms the frontier between Greece and Turkey, and is crossed by a picturesque bridge, which is neutral ground.
- For some time previous to 1811 the Kaffirs, however, had taken possession of the neutral ground and committed depredations on the colonists.
- The British rock of Gibraltar, in the extreme south of the peninsula, is separated from Spain by a low isthmus known as the Neutral Ground.Advertisement