Neurotoxin sentence example
- Absinthe reputedly has hallucinogenic properties it contains wormwood, a neurotoxin.
- Foodborne botulism is caused by ingestion of the botulinum neurotoxin, which is produced during growth of the organism in food.
- neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium tetani.
- Physiological Properties of TTX TTX is an especially potent neurotoxin, specifically blocking voltage-gated sodium channels on the surface of nerve membranes.
- Everybody knows that tetanus is a deadly disease, due to an extremely powerful neurotoxin Clostridium tetani produces.Advertisement
- neurotoxin complex) is estimated at approximately 3000 units.
- PHLS informed the Agency that botulinum neurotoxin type B was detected in an opened can of SMA Gold infant milk formula.
- Also, botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin that blocks the ability of motor nerves to release acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter that relays nerve signals to muscles.
- Contamination from any of the sources results in growth of the bacteria in the infant's intestine and production of the neurotoxin.
- Although these spores are commonly found in soil, honey is a more frequent source of spores causing infant botulism by lodging in the baby's intestinal tract and producing the neurotoxin.Advertisement
- Instead, bacteria may reproduce inside the can or jar, releasing the deadly neurotoxin.
- Lindane (1% or higher) (Kwell), an organochloride neurotoxin, can induce seizures and death in susceptible people, even when used according to the directions.
- Mercury is a known neurotoxin, a dangerous metal second only to uranium among the most harmful natural substances.