Neuroleptics sentence example
- atypical neuroleptics, but is distantly related to clozapine.
- Neuroleptics are superior to placebo in the treatment of acute mania i.
- Until about 1990, the drugs most often prescribed for schizophrenia were neuroleptics such as Haldol, Prolixin, Thorazine, and Mellaril.
- These drugs, which are sometimes called neuroleptics, have severe side effects and are likely to interact with other medications that the child may be taking.
- Because the drug takes four to ten days to reach a therapeutic level in the bloodstream, it sometimes is prescribed in conjunction with neuroleptics and/or benzodiazepines to provide more immediate relief of a manic episode.Advertisement
- Neuroleptics: Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and haloperidol (Haldol) are also used to control mania while a mood stabilizer such as lithium or valproate takes effect.
- Medications, such as antipsychotics and neuroleptics, have been used to treat stuttering with limited success.
- But these drugs, called neuroleptics, have more side effects in children than in adults.