Nestlings sentence example
- Just see how these nestlings are growing up, and she pointed to the girls.
- " Bird," when it passed from its earliest meaning of " nestlings," seems to have been applied to the smaller, and " fowl " to the larger species, a distinction which was retained by Johnson.
- byrd or bryd, and in early uses meant the young or nestlings only.
- Herein he divided the class A y es into two subclasses, to which he applied the names of Insessores and Grallatores (hitherto used by their inventors Vigors and Illiger in a different sense), in the latter work relying chiefly for this division on characters which had not before been used by any systematist, namely that in the former group monogamy generally prevailed and the helpless nestlings were fed by their parents, while the latter group were mostly polygamous, and the chicks at birth were active and capable of feeding themselves.
- Members of a group vie for the right to feed nestlings, undertake guard duty, even attack snakes.Advertisement
- precocial nestlings.