Nervous-systems sentence example
- In 1883-1886 Bateson showed by his embryological researches that the Enteropneusta exhibit chordate (vertebrate) affinities in respect of the coelomic, skeletal and nervous systems as well as in regard to the respiratory system, and, further, that the gill-slits are formed upon a plan similar to that of the gillslits of Amphioxus, being subdivided by tongue-bars which depend from the dorsal borders of the slits.
- The central nervous systems of Limulus and of Scorpio present closer agreement in structure than can be found when a Crustacean is compared with either.
- A, Fasciola hepatica, from the ventral surface (X 2); the alimentary and nervous systems only shown on the left side of the figure, the excretory only on the right; a, right main branch of the intestine; c, a diverticulum; g, lateral ganglion; n, lateral nerve; o, mouth; p, pharynx; s, ventral sucker; cs, cirrus sac; d, left anterior dorsal excretory vessel; m, main vessel; v, left anterior ventral trunk; x, excretory pore.
- Natures Best® with Real Beef for Puppies: This formula uses beef and vegetables in the mix, along with added Omega-3 supplements to support development of the brain and nervous systems.
- Many believe amethyst aids the digestive, heart, and nervous systems.Advertisement
- Children are the most susceptible to the crippling effects of lead poisoning because their nervous systems and brains are still forming.
- Afflicted children die in infancy or suffer damage to their central nervous systems that can result in physical and mental retardation.
- Calcium is an essential mineral for bone health, proper function of the nervous systems and muscle contraction.
- They need varied tasks to help them maintain optimum physical and mental health; their nervous systems are usually sensitive.