Nerve-cord sentence example
- In this Annelid later the sac in question joins its fellow, passing beneath the nerve cord exactly as in the leech, and also grows out to reach the exterior.
- There is a welldeveloped brain dorsal, to the mouth; this gives off a pair of oesophageal commissures, which surround the oesophagus and unite in a median ventral nerve-cord which runs between the longitudinal muscles to the posterior end of the body.
- Strands breaking up the f, Ventral nerve-cord.
- There is a single unsegmented nerve-cord which runs along the ventral middle line and enlarges posteriorly into a caudal ganglion and anteriorly in a ganglion, the brain, which is not supra-oesophageal.
- For the sake of uniformity in nomenclature this nerve-cord may be called the neurochord.Advertisement
- Each of the ventral parts acquires an opening to the exterior, just outside the nerve-cord, G (After Sedgwick.) FIG.
- The internal vesicle is already indicated, and is shown in the diagram by the thinner black line: I, gut; 2, somite; 2', nephridial part of coelom; 3, haemocoele; 3', part of haemocoele which will form the heart - the part of the haemocoele on each side of this will form the pericardium; 4, nerve-cord; 4, slime glands.