Neper sentence example
- Of this singular contract, which is signed, "Robert Logane of Restalrige" and "Jhone Neper, Fear of Merchiston," and is dated July 1594, a facsimile is given in Mark Napier's Memoirs.
- His usual signature was "Jhone Neper," but in a letter written in 1608, and in all deeds signed after that date, he wrote "Jhone Nepair."
- The form "Neper" is the oldest, as John, third Napier of Merchiston, so spelt it in the 15th century.
- Napier frequently signed his name "Jhone Neper, Fear of Merchiston."
- Neper, Baron of Mercheston, near Edinburgh, and told him, among other discourses, of a new invention in Denmark (by Longomontanus, as 'tis said), to save the tedious multiplication and division in astronomical calculations.Advertisement
- Neper being solicitous to know farther of him concerning this matter, he could give no other account of it than that it was by proportional numbers.
- Which hint Neper taking, he desired him at his return to call upon him again.
- Craig, after some weeks had passed, did so, and Neper then showed him a rude draught of what he called Canon mirabilis logarithmorum.