Neoadjuvant sentence example
- ascites volume (500 mL) can be used to identify those patients who could benefit from neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- They all underwent neoadjuvant chemotherapy with protracted infusion of FT alone or FT plus low doses of cisplatin.
- Publications Neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle invasive bladder cancer: a randomized controlled trial.
- When chemotherapy is used before surgery or radiation, it is known as primary chemotherapy or neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Because the cancer cells have not yet been exposed to anti-cancer drugs, they are especially vulnerable, allowing neoadjuvant therapy to effectively reduce tumor size.Advertisement
- However, the toxic effects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy may be severe, because normal cells are also destroyed.
- Chemotherapy may be given before surgery or radiation therapy to shrink the tumor (neoadjuvant therapy).