Negrito sentence example
- The inhabitants are of the Negrito type, with curly or crisp and bushy hair; those of the west coast have come more into communication with the traders of other islands and are fairly civilized.
- These last three have Negrito characteristics, and probably represent a race far older even than the ancient Ka.
- Whether the two families have a common ancestor in the negritos of Malaysia and the Indian archipelago, or whether Papuan and Negrito are alike branches of an aboriginal African race, is a problem yet to be solved.
- No race of true Negrito type has been found.
- The Kubus, a savage forest people of the highlands, were believed by some to be Negrito owing to the frizzled character of their hair, but it appears certain that they are Malayan.Advertisement
- More than three-fourths of the wild population is included in the Moro, Igorot and Negrito tribes.
- There is, however, in Travancore, on the mainland, a low-caste "Veda" tribe, nearly black, with wavy or frizzly hair, and now speaking a Malayalim (Dravidian) dialect (Jagor), who probably approach nearer than the insular Veddahs to the aboriginal pre-Dravidian "negrito" element of southern India and Malaysia.
- But Papuans of mixed blood are found throughout the island (unless the Karons be of Negrito stock), and from Flores in the west to Fiji in the east.
- The last group, the Negroid, is represented by the races to which has been given the name of Negrito, from the small size of some of them.
- From these two have come all the peoplesother than Negrito or Papuan-found to-day from the Malay Peninsula to the farthest islands of Polynesia.Advertisement