Nectaries sentence example
- types of glands also exist, either in connection with the epidermis or not, such as nectaries, digestive glands, oil, resin and mucilage glands, &c. They serve the most various purposes in the life of the plant, but they are not of significance in relation to the primary vital activities, and cannot be dealt with in the limits of the present article.l The typical epidermis of the shoot of a land plant does not absorb water, but some plants living in situations where they cannot depend on a regular supply from the roots (e.g.
- These serve as nectaries.
- Certain structures occur on the petals of some flowers, which received in former days the name of nectaries.
- nectarys may have nectaries at the base that secrete nectar to bribe insects and other pollinators.
- nectarympt you in the future, there will be apricot with dark nectaries, ivory with dark nectaries and yellow picotee's.Advertisement
- The horn-like nectaries under the galeate sepal of aconite (fig.
- 58) are modified petals, so also are the tubular nectaries of hel lebore (fig.
- The existence of these myrmecophilous Ferns suggests a possible explanation of the nectaries on the leaves of some other species, such as the Common Bracken.