Necrotic sentence example
- Some of these necrotic lesions became torn and partially detached or with a shothole effect.
- The symptoms observed were necrotic lesions on the roots and stems, as well as brown lesions on the leaves.
- Control To prevent an outbreak of necrotic enteritis, the aim is to maintain a healthy, stable gut environment.
- Only inoculated N. clevelandii plants showed symptoms: systemic stem necrotic spots and leaf malformation.
- Infected Chenopodium quinoa leaves with necrotic lesions were shown to be infected by INSV when subsequently tested by both ELISA and RT-PCR.Advertisement
- Recombination of a functional red clover necrotic mosaic virus by recombination rescue of the cell-to-cell movement gene expressed in a transgenic plant.
- The tumor became necrotic after 6 days and after 10 days the dead tissue sloughed away.
- Similar life-threatening consequences occur when large areas of necrotic epidermis are shed in toxic epidermal necrolysis, in adults usually due to drugs.
- A brown recluse spider's bite can lead to necrotic arachnidism, in which the tissue in an area of up to several inches around the bite becomes necrotic (dies), producing an open sore that can take months or years to disappear.
- Necrotic areas (areas of dead tissue) may need debridement (removal of dead and damaged tissue) and skin grafts.Advertisement
- The prognosis is less certain in cases in which death of intestinal tissue occurs; surgery becomes necessary to remove the necrotic tissue.
- With STSS, flesh around the infected site may become damaged and die (become necrotic).
- Enlarged tonsils may have deep pockets (crypts) containing dead tissue (necrotic debris).
- During the years of rapid bone growth, blood supply to the growing ends of bones (epiphyses) may become insufficient resulting in necrotic bone, usually near joints.
- Since bone is normally undergoing a continuous rebuilding process, the necrotic areas are most often self-repaired over a period of weeks or months.Advertisement
- Gels have a high water content, which aids the rehydration of hard eschar and promotes autolysis in necrotic wounds.
- The caseous necrosis of the implicated mass of lung tissue, and indeed of tubercles generally, is held to be, in great measure, the result of the necrotic influence of the secretions from the bacillus.