Necromancy sentence example
- Through the dream the living was put into communication with the dead, which sometimes embodied itself in peculiar and pathetic literary forms, such as the Icelandic dream-verses imparted by the spirits of those who had been lost at sea or overwhelmed by the snow; and a whole series of steps leads up from necromancy to prophecy and oracle, .?
- The Wizard specializes in necromancy and death magic, but is weak with melee combat.
- 13-17), we now have the strict prohibition of any employment whatever of the stonesymbol (Massebhah), and of all forms of sorcery, soothsaying and necromancy (Deut.
- It is probable that necromancy, like the worship of Asherah and `Ashtoreth, as well as the cult of graven images, was a Canaanite importation into Israel's religious practices.
- idolatry (necromancy, tree-worship) which the contemporary prophets denounce, do not support the view that the apparently radical reforms of Hezekiah were extensive or permanent, and Jer.Advertisement
- The evocation of spirits, especially in the form of necromancy, is an important branch of the demonology of many peoples; and the peculiarities of trance mediumship, which seem sufficiently established by modern research, go far to explain the vogue of this art.
- NECROMANCY (Gr.
- From this period the philosophical researches of Dee were concerned entirely with necromancy.
- In the latter case resort was very frequently had also to sorcery and necromancy.
- The man became within a few years after his death the hero of many legends of piracy and necromancy.Advertisement
- They came originally from Greece and were highly skilled in necromancy.
- He founded a university at Stamford in Lincolnshire and by practicing necromancy created the hot springs at Bath.
- Spell Casting If you purchase necromancy, sorcery or theurgy, then you choose a single spell that you know.