Necromancer sentence example
- But the arts of the necromancer were always and without exception treated as foreign to the religion of Yahweh.
- (See especially Charles's Book of Enoch.) The doctrine of the resurrection of the righteous to life in the heavenly world became engrafted on to the old doctrine of Sheol, or the dark shadowy underworld (Hades), where life was joyless and feeble, and from which the soul might be for a brief space summoned forth by the arts of the necromancer.
- The necromancer of ba`al 'obh was held to be possessed of the spirit who spoke through him with a hollow voice.
- Indeed both necromancer and the spirit that possessed him were sometimes identified, and the former was simply called obh.
- Of Huitzilopochtli, the famed god, Sahagun says that he was a necromancer, loved " shapeshifting," like Odin, metamorphosed himself into animal forms, was miraculously conceived, and, among animals, is confused with the humming-bird, whose feathers adorned his statues."Advertisement
- Some styles include Camo, Necromancer, G-Virus, and Biohazard.
- The Fall of Ile-Rein is a fantasy trilogy by Martha Wells', author of Death of the Necromancer, set in the same kingdom some years before.
- Even Martha Wells dips into steampunk territory with her novels set in the nation of ile-Rein, particularly in her earlier Death of the Necromancer.