Near-side sentence example
- The starting point was on the near side of the lake.
- The Highway Act of 1835 specified as offences for which the driver of a carriage on the public highway might be punished by a fine, in addition to any civil action that might be brought against him - riding upon the cart, or upon any horse drawing it, and not having some other person to guide it, unless there be some person driving it; negligence causing damage to person or goods being conveyed on the highway; quitting his cart, or leaving control of the horses, or leaving the cart so as to be an obstruction on the highway; not having the owner's name painted up; refusing to give the same; and not keeping on the left or near side of the road, when meeting any other carriage or horse.
- - Diagram of the flowers of the three forms of Lythrum salicaria in their natural position, with the petals and calyx removed on the near side.
- On the near side of the staple was a vertical pillar, termed the arbor, the lower end of which was inserted into the staple at the top of the shoulder - the upper end passing through a top-plate, which being screwed on to the upper part of the staple held it firmly.
- This power is acquired by a very massive lever, moving on a pivot bolt in the top of the near side of the staple, and passing across the press to the further side of the frame, at which end the power is applied through the coupling-bar by a bar-handle working from the near side.Advertisement
- Note that the duck's beak on the near side of the card is repositioned on to its far side.
- I started off on pole fished fluro pinkie on the near side shelf and was immediately into small roach, perch and skimmers.
- The near side horse, arching his head and breaking into a short canter, tugged at his traces.