Near-east sentence example
- Like Gioberti he advocated a federation of Italian states, but he declared that before this could be achieved Austria must be expelled from Italy and compensation found for her in the Near East by making her a Danubian powera curious forecast that Italys liberation would begin with an eastern war.
- A heterogeneous army, drawn largely from India and Australasia, had also been gathering in Egypt for several weeks past, of which portions could be made available for work elsewhere in the Near East.
- The language question still disturbs the tranquillity of the Near East.
- During the next few years he devoted himself to travel in the near East and in North Africa and to the study of the problems concerning those regions.
- Even the studies of individual members of the foreign schools and institutes had been to some extent continued by these scholars in the course of military service with one or other of the combatant forces in the Near East.Advertisement
- It had been thought that Chinese used the ' lost wax ' method like bronze casters in the ancient Near East.
- Barley breeding: believing in what is best Over 10,000 years ago, barley was domesticated in the fertile crescent of the Near East.
- To begin, Alan Alford explains that the religions of the Near East were exploded planet cults.
- The very fact of reestablishing this vital strategical and economic artery of the Near East by force of arms would, moreover, of necessity carry with it the occupation of Constantinople by Entente forces and would deal a resounding blow at the very heart of the Sultan's realms. There was furthermore, at the juncture when the project of attack upon the Dardanelles was first seriously mooted at the beginning of Jan.