Neanderthal sentence example
- The now generally accepted view is that the Neanderthal skull represents the oldest known dolichocephalic race of Europe.
- Here in 1856 were discovered in a Quaternary bed in the Feldhofen Cave human remains which have been referred to a type commonly called Neanderthal Man.
- The epoch was characterized by cold wet climate, by the supposed existence of Man of the Olom type, that is, nearly as dolichocephalous as the Neanderthal type, but with superciliary ridges flat, and frontal bones high, and by the occurrence of the musk-ox, the horse, the cave-bear, Rhinoceros tichorhinus and the mammoth.
- We have also found a spiral fracture on what is possibly a deer bone, opened by a Neanderthal to extract the marrow.
- These four divisions taken in the order of their assumed priority of invasion or habitation are: (1) the "Neanderthal" type, which is found in the districts of the shats and the adjoining Matmata table-land in the south, and in the "Kroumir" country of the Echium sericeum, Vahl.Advertisement
- The first (fig.3) is the famous Neanderthal skull from near Dusseldorf, described by Schaafhausen in Miller's Archiv, 1858; Huxley in Lyell, Antiquity of Man, p. 86, and in Man's Place in Nature.
- Other theories about brain structure include unusual notions like the Neanderthal theory, while others focus on studying brain function in autistic individuals.
- While at Frankfurt, on his way to examine the Neanderthal skull at Bonn, he was struck with paralysis, and died at Gottingen a few months later on the 13th of May 1864.
- So I'm going to be stuck on a planet far away without a bus ticket home surrounded by spiders the size of basketballs and being bossed around by Neanderthal barbarians who forbid me to talk and lock me in the bathroom!
- I would offer to let Connor feed on me if I weren't convinced Neanderthal here would go postal on us.Advertisement