Nays sentence example
- Money bills may originate in either house, but at the final vote on such a bill in either house three-fifths of the members elected to that house must be present and the yeas and nays must be recorded; bills entailing appropriations for local or private purposes must receive a two-thirds majority to pass.
- The constitution provides that no bill or joint resolution shall pass either house except by an affirmative vote of a majority of all the members elected to that house and requires that on the final vote the yeas and nays be recorded.
- In February 1780 he withdrew from Congress because of its refusal to respond to his call for the yeas and nays.
- Acting upon these returns the legislature passed a bill prescribing the terms of separation, and directed another vote of the towns and plantations upon the question of separation and the election of delegates to a convention at Brunswick which should proceed to frame a constitution in case the second popular vote gave a majority of five to four for separation; but as that vote was only 11,969 yeas to 10,347 nays the advocates of separation were unsuccessful.
- The nays and yeas were evenly split while the vast majority either weren't aware of the so-called Psychic Tipster or couldn't care less.Advertisement
- The type of clothing you find will depend on the type of event you search for, but you will often see plenty of yays or nays from both fashion experts and the general public.