Nautical-miles sentence example
- In open places that height is seldom more than about one and a half times the square root of the " fetch " or greatest distance in nautical miles from which the wave has travelled to the point in question; but in narrow reaches or lakes it is relatively higher.
- Several of them include medium range ballistic missiles, capable of carrying a nuclear warhead for a distance of more than 1,000 nautical miles.
- It was caught about 24 nautical miles east of Lizard Point, SW Cornwall in a mid-water pair trawl.
- A 70-seat turboprop can burn up to 30% less fuel than an equivalent 70-seat regional jet over a 500 nautical miles sector.
- When equipped with up to nine auxiliary fuel tanks and optional blended winglets, range is 9,420 nautical miles (17,446 km ).Advertisement
- When equipped with up to nine auxiliary fuel tanks and optional blended winglets, range is 9,420 nautical miles (17,446 km).
- It also has the ability to convert miles into nautical miles or kilometers.