Native-species sentence example
- Three-quarters of the native species are endemic; they seem, however, to be quite unable to resist the invasion of new-comers, and already 600 plants of foreign origin have succeeded in establishing themselves.
- Many of our native species spend the day lurking beneath stones, and sally forth at night in pursuit of their prey, which consistsof small insects, earthworms and snails.
- There are one hundred and twentynine native species of trees.
- C. japonica, C. cordata, and C. laxiflora, the last belonging to the true Hornbeams typfied in our native species C. betulus; the other two to the group which some botanists have made a separate genus.
- The place of the vanishing native species is being taken by such European arrivals as sky-larks, finches, blackbirds, sparrows and rooks.Advertisement
- The area is already surrounded by hedging of native species and contains mainly alder and birch inside.
- Advisory Raise awareness of the ecological importance of old birch stands to a variety of native species including the Welsh clearwing.
- This includes fencing and felling conifers to make way for the natural regeneration and new planting of native species.
- William Robinson banished bedding systems, and turned to planting with native species and hardy exotics, creating informal, wild and woodland gardens.
- Ensure that any bulbs that you purchase, especially native species are from a guaranteed source and not plundered from the wild.Advertisement
- There are more native species of bat in the UK -- 16 breeding and several vagrant visitors -- than any other group of mammals.
- There are numerous native species that might be readily transplanted, and the best of these are S. triqueter, S. sylvaticus, and S. lacustris.
- Environmental Effects - While some experts point to the benefit of less pesticide runoffs, others question the long term effects these genetically altered foods could have on native species.
- The native species on the moon are called Na'vi.