Native-soil sentence example
- They cherish great love of their native soil and native village and cannot remain long from home.
- Although the national God was at once a transcendent ruler of the universe and also near at hand to man, the unconscious religious feeling found an outlet, not only in the splendid worship at Jerusalem, but in the more immediate intercessors, divine agencies, and the like; and when Judaism left its native soil the local supernatural beings revived - as characteristically as when the old placenames threw off their Greek dress - and they still survive, under a veneer of Mahommedanism, as the modern representatives of the Baals of the distant past.'
- On his native soil Cyrus built himself a town, with a palace and a tomb, in the district of Pasargadae (now the ruins of Murghab).
- It is, rather, a continua- Sassanian tion of the Achaemenid traditions which were still Wars with alive on their native soil.
- In Britain the tree grows to a height of 40 ft., in its native soil to .70 or 90 ft.Advertisement