Nationalized sentence example
- It was said in 1859 that the church owned one-third of the real and personal property of the republic. The reform laws of that year nationalized its property, abolished its numerous orders and institutions and deprived it of state support and of all participation in political affairs.
- These disputes, involving as they did the question of the relative powers of Congress and the states, tended to turn the Democratic-Republicans, who were becoming nationalized, back again toward their old state sovereignty principles - to prepare the way for the Jacksonian-Democratic Party.
- Tithes, many hereditary privileges and all monopolies were abolished; every convent was closed and its property nationalized; the Jesuits, who had returned after the death of Pombal, were again expelled; the charter of 1826 was restored.
- This determined at once the nature of the Kansas struggle and its outcome; and after the South had played and lost in Kansas, " the war for the Union caught up and nationalized the verdict of the Territorial broil."
- Many English and French steamers have been purchased abroad and nationalized.Advertisement
- Like nationalized industry, nationalized nature is an expensive failure.
- But Chavez is in possession of an already nationalized oil monopoly with massive current sales revenues.
- Financial institutions, all in bankruptcy from the massive capital flight during the war, were also nationalized.
- Instead of embracing free markets it abandoned them to corrupt cabals who then nationalized industry wholesale.
- From this point of view, the nationalized planned economy in the USSR furnished proof of the most extraordinary vitality for decades.Advertisement
- Attlee created the welfare state and the NHS and also nationalized a fifth of Britain's economy.
- Attlee created the welfare state and the NHS and also nationalized a fifth of Britain 's economy.
- Moreover, all securities underwent such sharp depreciation that, on the one hand, the government hesitated to hand over the bonds representing the purchase-price of the railways, lest such an addition to the volume of stocks should cause further depreciation, and, on the other, the former owners of the nationalized lines found the character of their bargain greatly changed.
- He encouraged and nationalized the military orders.