National monument sentence example
- The national monument to the Forefathers, designed by Hammatt Billings, and dedicated on the 1st of August 1889, thirty years after its corner-stone was laid, stands in the northern part of the town.
- The stateliest is the national monument to commemorate the victory of Waterloo, originally intended to be a reproduction of the Parthenon.
- Encamping in the neighbourhood of the Abbey Craig - on which now stands the national monument to his memory - he watched the passage of the Forth.
- The monastery became a national monument and the monks were recognized as custodians.
- In 1843 the Certosa was restored to the Carthusians and was exempted from confiscation in 1866, but it has since been declared a national monument.Advertisement
- In 1833 the Washington National Monument Society was formed and a popular subscription was taken.
- His vast collection of sources (Rerum Italicarum scriptores), prepared amid every discouragement, remains to-day the national monument of Italian history; and it is but one of his collections.
- See the quarry where many dinosaur fossils were unearthed at the dinosaur fossils were unearthed at the Dinosaur National Monument.
- See the quarry where many dinosaur fossils were unearthed at the Dinosaur National Monument.
- An important national monument is the 16th-century That Luang (Royal Stupa) that symbolizes Buddhist and Lao union.Advertisement
- The monastery of Monte Oliveto Maggiore is an extensive building of considerable artistic interest, enhanced by frescoes of Signorelli and Sodoma; it is now a national monument occupied by two or three monks as custodians, though it could accommodate three hundred.
- Today, this 16th century fortress is a national monument and visitors can climb over its ramparts and tour its well-preserved living quarters.
- The statue was declared a national monument in 1924 and the statue went under major restoration from 1982 to 1986, reopening for the statue’s centennial.