National income sentence example
- The secretary of the treasury sends annually to Congress a report containing a statement of the national income and expenditure and of the condition of the public debt, together with remarks on the system of taxation and suggestions for its improvement.
- At the moment these statistics appear to show that we devote approximately 5% of our entire national income to benefits for pensioners.
- Either we have poorer pensioners, relative to national income.
- Meet the agreed target of 0.7% of national income in overseas aid.
- As national income increases in a given country, the size of government as a portion of gross national product (GNP) rises and the range of services people expect the government to offer rises.Advertisement
- It seems that as national income rises, people choose to create larger governments that offer more entitlements and have more expansive powers.
- Food in the United States is so inexpensive as a percentage of national income that it literally is a throwaway item.
- Its appropriation of a vast share of the national income has the character of social parasitism.