Nation-states sentence example
- By the eve of World War II, most Islamic countries were prepared to overthrow colonialism and establish nation-states.
- A corporatist globalism that wants the removal of the checks and balances of Independent Nation States.
- The future of Irish migration historiography undoubtedly lies in the global arena, beyond the confines of individual nation states.
- Nation-States When a nation of people have a State of their own, it is called a nation-states When a nation of people have a State of their own, it is called a nation-state.
- It is hard to envisage us having political arrangements that do not include nation-states.Advertisement
- I define war as armed conflict occurring between nation-states or, in the case of civil wars, between factions within nation-states.
- The way to end war is not to set up some big world government or eliminate nation-states, which will always retain the right to take unilateral military action to defend themselves.
- Why do I say world government is not a good idea and nation-states are?
- Nation-states allow groups of people to create governments that reflect their common values.
- This is exactly the sort of thinking that makes nation-states useful.Advertisement
- Worse still, power is steadily seeping away from the nation states to the central EU bureaucracy.
- Significantly, even after the revolutions the doctrine was re-tooled to express the sovereignty of the new nation-states.
- In 1947 the subcontinent divided into two nation states India and Pakistan.