Nation-state sentence example
- The French revolution created the modern nation-state based on universal values.
- Its territory comprises chiefly districts of the Baltic provinces of the Russian Empire, which linguistically or ethnographically belonged to the Letts, whence the name of Latvia as a new nation-state.
- The only difference from the territorial nation state is that the city state protected trade routes rather than conquered large tracts of territory.
- No capitalist nation-state is going to be able to reverse the tide of neoliberalism.
- A rejection of ethnic essentialism, but still favoring a nation state.Advertisement
- These changes have produced a global market economy dominated by a handful of corporations and a financial system beyond the reach of nation-state governments.
- Nation-States When a nation of people have a State of their own, it is called a nation-states When a nation of people have a State of their own, it is called a nation-state.
- On the one hand, it has enabled the construction of a modern democratic nation-state out of the ruins of a pre-modern empire.
- Then indicate, with your reasons, how far you think the European nation-state will be undone.
- You say that the " days of the independent nation-state are gone " .Advertisement
- An approach that seeks to expand the concept of citizenship beyond national boundaries does not have to render the nation state obsolete.
- Hon. Members would do well to recognize that the European Union collective exists to supplant the nation state.