Nasal-cavity sentence example
- The nasal cavity communicates with the mouth by the choanae or posterior flares, situated between the palatine process of the maxillary, the palatine and the vomer.
- The nasal cavity is the air passageway through which air passes to the throat during breathing.
- Take care not to rotate the root apex into the nasal cavity.
- Nasal pillow mask - This mask fits under the nose (instead of over the entire nose area) and uses small rubber cones that fit into the nostrils to deliver the pressurized air into the nasal cavity.
- An ENT specialist can determine if the snoring is caused by obstructions in the nasal cavity or by other problems in the ears, nose or throat.Advertisement
- Tonsillectomies and adenoidectomies are used to treat snoring that is caused by excess tonsil tissues or excess tissue in the nasal cavity.
- A physical examination of the mouth, nasal cavity and throat to determine the cause of the apnea.
- A naso-pharyngeal exam using a fiber optic camera that fits into the nasal cavity to explore possible structural problems or obstructions.
- The examination may include an x-ray of the skull or a small fiber optic camera used to evaluate the nasal cavity and throat.
- It helps to begin with the least intrusive methods to address the breathing problem such as antihistamines to reduce nasal swelling or nasal strips on the outside of the nose to help open the nasal cavity.Advertisement
- This procedure shrinks tissue in the nasal cavity to clear obstructions which may interfere with breathing.
- Some are strips that are placed across the bridge of the nose; others fit inside the nasal cavity to open the passage.
- Blockages in the nasal cavity can lead to sleep apnea as well.
- Nasopharynx-One of the three regions of the pharynx, the nasopharynx is the region behind the nasal cavity.