Narwhal sentence example
- The narwhal is an Arctic whale, frequenting the icy circumpolar seas, and rarely seen south of 65° N.
- As a rule, the teeth of the two sides of the jaws are alike in number and character, except in cases of accidental or abnormal variation, and in the tusks of the narwhal, in which the left is of immense size, and the right rudimentary.
- NARWHAL, the Scandinavian name of a cetacean (Monodon inonoceros), characterized by the presence in the male of a long horn-like tusk.
- The narwhal and the beluga have a very similar distribution, though the latter occasionally ranges farther south.
- In a narwhal 12 ft.Advertisement
- a close analogy with the Mexican calendar sign Cipactli, a kind of marine monster resembling a narwhal s Aquarius is a still more exclusively meteorological sign than Leo.
- The name "sea-unicorn" is sometimes applied to the narwhal.
- The white whale fishery of the Eskimo, however, continued, and sealing is important; walruses are also caught and sometimes narwhal.
- Among them is the narwhal tusk used as a walking cane by Captain John Wood, who owned a fleet of whalers.
- The narwhal is an Arctic whale, frequenting the icy circumpolar seas, and rarely seen south of 65Ã‚° N.Advertisement
- His speech about saving the narwhal tugged at my heart-strings and was a perfect example of pathos.
- narwhal tusk used as a walking cane by Captain John Wood, who owned a fleet of whalers.
- Narwhal >>
- narwhal horn or rope twist.