Naos sentence example
- Small vessels may coal at Naos, an island in the Gulf of Panama, which is owned by the United States.
- On the walls of the temple is engraved the famous Monumentum Ancyranum, a long inscription in Latin and Greek describing the Res gestae divi Augusti; the Latin portion being inscribed on the inner left-hand wall of the pronaos, the Greek on the outside wall of the naos (cella).
- Towards the eastern end of this terrace are the scanty remains of a building which can hardly be anything but the temple of Zeus; it appears to have consisted of pronaos, naos or cella, and opisthodomus, and some of the lower drums of the internal columns of the cella were still resting on their foundations.
- In 1825 another volcanic eruption took place accompanied by earthquakes, and two hills were thrown up. The port of Naos on the south-east of the island affords safe anchorage.
- Finds: 3 fragments of gray granite naos with mythological scenes, Ptolemaic, in mosque; Objects in Cairo Museum from the site.Advertisement
- 58 The French Archaeological Institute at Cairo has also excavated Theban tombs 59 and at Dendera a naos of the XI.