Nant sentence example
- It lies near the lower end of the fine Nant Ffrancon (valley of the Ogwen stream).
- These two passes are joined by Nant Gwynnant (stream, or valley, of the white or happy valley, or stream), skirting the S.E.
- Nant Colwyn runs N.W.
- The place is a centre for artists, geologists and botanists, for the ascent of Snowdon, Moel Siabod, Glydyr Fawr, Glydyr Fach, Tryfan, &c., and for visiting Llyn Ogwen, Llyn Idwal, Twll du (Devil's Kitchen), Nant Ffrancon and the Penrhyn quarries.
- Nant, a ravine, hence also a brook - Nantgwyllt, Nannau, Nantgaredig.Advertisement
- Nant Colwyn is on the road from Carnarvon to Beddgelert, beyond Llyn y gader (gadair), "chair pool," and what tourists have fancifully called Pitt's head, a roadside rock resembling, or thought to resemble, the great statesman's profile.
- From the road over the fine Llanberis pass towards Capel Curig, a turn to the right leads to Beddgelert, through Nant Gwynnant ("white" or "happy valley," or "stream"), where Pembroke and Ieuan ap Robert (for the Lancastrians)had many skirmishes in the time of Edward IV.
- Three trial adits on south bank of Nant Ceibwr, 400 yards upstream from old smithy.
- pumice liner at Nant Rhys are planned for a work party in October.
- Purchase a one-year NANT membership for your certified technicians.Advertisement
- Repairs to the chimney & fitting of pumice liner at Nant Rhys are planned for a work party in October.