Name-after sentence example
- I hadn't thought about it, but it must be difficult to use a different name after using it your entire childhood.
- She became a household name after landing the title role in Selena and the rest, as they say, is history.
- He wanted to hear her whisper his name after they made love and flutter soft kisses with her full lips across his face, the way she had the other night.
- St Mary over the river), receiving its present name after the suppression of the monasteries.
- The same draughtsman (who had in 1 775 produced a History of British Birds) in 1822 began another series of Figures of rare and curious Birds.8 The practice of Brisson, Buffon, Latham and others of neglecting to name after the Linnaean fashion the species they described gave great encouragement to compilation, and led to what has proved to be of some inconvenience to modern ornithologists.Advertisement
- It is difficult to ascertain whether the name was taken from the reputed founder of that sect, a certain pope Bogumil or Bogomil, or whether he assumed that name after it had been given to the whole sect.
- The eastern suburb of Laurieston was first called Langtoune, then Merchistown, and received its present name after Sir Lawrence Dundas of Kerse, who had promoted its welfare.
- But the foundation of Franzensbad as a watering-place really dates from 1793, when Dr Adler built here the first Kurhaus, and the place received its name after the emperor Francis I.
- An amulet of similar shape, as the symbol of the "name," was worn by men and women as a protection against the blotting out of the name after death.
- Foremost among the latter was the distinguished Swiss naturalist and bee-keeper, Francois Huber, who was led to construct the leaf-hive bearing his name after experimenting with a single comb observatory hive recommended by Reaumur.Advertisement
- You may want to avoid a "commonplace" name-after all, your daughter is special, so you bestow a special spelling to make her name unique.
- A New Jersey woman may choose to go back to using her maiden name after a divorce.
- "The Rock" is what stuck, though he eventually dropped the name after he left wrestling to enter the world of acting.
- Mark Zuckerberg: Zuckerberg became a household name after the film The Social Network highlighted his career.
- Britney Spears made a name for herself as a young pop star, but became a legendary household name after her breakup with her husband and her eventual bizarre behavior.Advertisement
- Ashlee Simpson became a household name after her infamous "Saturday Night Live" performance on October 23, 2004.