Naga hills sentence example
- The Arakan Yomas starting from Cape Negrais extend northwards more or less parallel with the coast till they join the Chin and Naga hills.
- Naga Hills.
- The first, or the valley of Assam and the Brahmaputra, is long and narrow, bordered on the north by the Himalayas, on the south by the lower plateau of the Garo, Khasi and Naga hills.
- The other, short and broad, and in great part occupied by swamps and jhils, separates the Garo, Khasi and Naga hills from those of Tippera and the Lushai country.
- The various portions of this range are called by the names of the tribes who inhabit them - the Garo, the Khasi, the Jaintia, the North Cachar and the Naga hills.Advertisement
- The highest points in the range are Nokrek peak (4600 ft.) in the Garo hills, Shillongpeak (6450 ft.) in the Khasi-Jaintia hills, and Japva peak (nearly io,000 ft.) in the Naga hills.
- They reside partly in the British district of the Naga hills and partly in independent territory under the political control of the deputycommissioner of the adjoining districts.