Nachlass sentence example
- For Herder's correspondence, see Aus Herders Nachlass (3 vols., 1856-1857), Herders Reise nach Italien (1859), Von and an Herder: Ungedruckte Briefe (3 vols., 1861-1862) - all three works edited by H.
- (1880-1882); the Litterarischer Nachlass, a posthumous collection, was published at Vienna (1887).
- Darer (Nuremberg, 1827); again, edited by Thausing, in the Quellenschriften far Kunstgeschichte und Kunsttechnik (Vienna, 1872), but most completely in Lange and Fuhse's Diirers schriftlicher Nachlass (Halle, 1893); W.
- Arthur Schopenhauers handschriftlicher Nachlass was published by Grisebach in 4 vols.
- They include, besides his various works and memoirs, notices by him of many of these, and of works of other authors in the GÃ¶ttingen gelehrte Anzeigen, and a considerable amount of previously unpublished matter, Nachlass.Advertisement
- Running through these volumes in order, we have in the second the memoir, Summatio quarundam serierum singularium, the memoirs on the theory of biquadratic residues, in which the notion of complex numbers of the form a--bi was first introduced into the theory of numbers; and included in the Nachlass are some valuable tables.
- The Nachlass contains further researches on this subject, and also researches (unfortunately very fragmentary) on the lemniscate-function, &c., showing that Gauss was, even before 1800, in possession of many of the discoveries which have made the names of N.
- Leitzmann, Aus Lichtenbergs Nachlass (1899).
- Garve (Breslau, 1857); correspondence (Briefwechsel) with Adam Muller (Stuttgart, 1857); Briefe an Pilat (2 vols., Leipzig, 1868); Aus dem Nachlass Friedrichs von Gentz (2 vols.), edited by Count Anton Prokesch-Osten (Vienna, 1867); Aus der alten Registratur der Staats-Kanzlei: Briefe politischen Inhalts von and an Friedrich von Gentz, edited by C. von Klinkowstrom (Vienna, 1870); Depeches inedites du chev.
- de Gentz aux Hospodars de Valachie 1813-1828 (a correspondence on current affairs commissioned by the Austrian government), edited by Count Anton von ProkeschOsten the younger, (3 vols., Paris, 1876), incomplete, but partly supplemented in younger, Teilnahme an den Befreiungskriegen (Vienna, 1887), a collection of documents of the greatest value; Zur Geschichte der orientalischen Frage: Briefe aus dem Nachlass Friedrichs von Gentz (Vienna, 1877), edited by Count ProkeschOsten the younger.Advertisement
- They include, besides his various works and memoirs, notices by him of many of these, and of works of other authors in the GÃƒ¶ttingen gelehrte Anzeigen, and a considerable amount of previously unpublished matter, Nachlass.