Nabokov sentence example
- He succeeded in frustrating the mission of General Kaulbars, whom the Tsar despatched as special commissioner to Bulgaria; in suppressing a rising organized by Nabokov, a Russian officer, at Burgas; in quelling military revolts at Silistra and Rustchuk; in holding elections for the Grand Sobranye, despite the interdict of Russia, and in securing eventually the election of Prince Ferdinand of Coburg to the vacant throne (July 7, 1887).
- A tour-de-force of montage illustrating a vast, cunning chronicle worthy of Nabokov.
- collection of sixty-five stories drawn from Nabokov's entire working life.
- There's no question that this book represents the summation of Nabokov's career as a writer.
- There 's no question that this book represents the summation of Nabokov 's career as a writer.Advertisement
- Yet at the same time Nabokov teases the reader with ambiguous clues related to what will happen.
- Lola is a name with Latin roots that is often used to refer to a sexy, slightly sleazy woman much like the Lolita character in Vladimir Nabokov's famous novel.