N-a sentence example
- Consider the streaming motion given by w =m =a+si, (5) 4=m ch (n -a)cos(-0), p=m sh(n-a)sin(-13).
- The velocity of a liquid particle is thus (a 2 - b 2)/(a 2 +b 2) of what it would be if the liquid was frozen and rotating bodily with the ellipse; and so the effective angular inertia of the liquid is (a 2 -b 2) 2 /(a 2 +b 2) 2 of the solid; and the effective radius of gyration, solid and liquid, is given by k 2 = 4 (a 2 2), and 4 (a 2 For the liquid in the interspace between a and n, m ch 2(0-a) sin 2E 4) 1 4Rc 2 sh 2n sin 2E (a2_ b2)I(a2+ b2) = I/th 2 (na)th 2n; (8) and the effective k 2 of the liquid is reduced to 4c 2 /th 2 (n-a)sh 2n, (9) which becomes 4c 2 /sh 2n = s (a 2 - b 2)/ab, when a =00, and the liquid surrounds the ellipse n to infinity.
- From A to B, a>u >b, 0=0, ch S2= ch log Q=cos a-i sin 2a a-b I sh S2= sh log Q= I (a u-b-a/) s i n a Q = (u-b) cos a-2(a-a') sin 2 a+1,/ (a-u.u- a')sin a (8) u-b ds _ ds d4 _ Q dw Q du - Q d 4) du q du (u-b) cos a-2(a- a') sin 2 a (a-u.0 - a') sin a (9) it j- -j' AB _f a(2b - a - a')(u-b)-2(a-b)(b-a')+2V (a - b.
- After his death, the Assyrians, who were still nominally the vassals of Babylonia, threw off neser L - g n a ll disguise, and Shalmaneser I.
- If V = N/A then N expresses the ratio of the volume of the instrument up to the zero of the scale to that of one of the scale-divisions.Advertisement
- A petition in his favour addressed to Coffinhal, the president of the tribunal, is said to have been met with the reply La Republique n'a pas besoin de savants, and on the 8th of the month Lavoisier and his companions were guillotined at the Place de la Revolution.
- Lewes censures Renan for asserting of Ghazali's theory of causation - " Hume n'a rien dit plus."
- In general the coefficient, of any product A n A m A 7, 3 ..., will have, as coefficient, a seminvariant which, when expressed by partitions, will have as leading partition (preceding in dictionary order all others) the partition (Tr1lr2lr3Ã¯¿½..).
- AÃ‚°aÃ‚°, and the successive numbers in the (n+i)th line are the coefficients of A n a O An-lal ..
- Similarly, parallel to Oy, the increase of effective inertia is NT'/th n th(n-a), reducing to M'/th n=M' (a/b), when a= oo, and the liquid extends to infinity.Advertisement
- The cylinder contains towards n a sliding rod, and towards 0 a compressed spiral spring.
- In general the coefficient, of any product A n A m A 7, 3 ..., will have, as coefficient, a seminvariant which, when expressed by partitions, will have as leading partition (preceding in dictionary order all others) the partition (Tr1lr2lr3ï¿½..).
- A°a°, and the successive numbers in the (n+i)th line are the coefficients of A n a O An-lal ..
- I n a straight uniform current of fluid of density p, flowing with velocity q, the flow in units of mass per second across a plane area A, placed in the current with the normal of the plane making an angle 0 with the velocity, is oAq cos 0, the product of the density p, the area A, and q cos 0 the component velocity normal to the plane.
- There should be no need to use a tulle dressing with an N A dressing.Advertisement