Muzzles sentence example
- Terriers are small dogs of agile and light build, short muzzles, and very highly arched skulls.
- They sprinted across the floor and leaped up to the elevated platforms, poking their soft muzzles into the stanchions to gobble the grain.
- These are characterized by slight build, small ears falling at the tips, elongated limbs and tails and long narrow muzzles.
- Like goats, sheep have narrow upper molar teeth, very different from those of the oxen, and narrow hairy muzzles.
- They were all safely hidden in their trenches and pits, poking the muzzles of their guns under the foot of the outer palisade.Advertisement
- Their muzzles were becoming too pointed; necks were short.
- Displaying great variability in the length of the tail, which is reduced to a mere tubercle in the Barbary ape, alone representing the subgenus Inuus, macaques are heavily-built monkeys, with longer muzzles than their compatriots the langurs (see PRIMATES), and large naked callosities on the buttocks.
- Pet quality and some breeder Himalayans usually have slightly longer muzzles, but they are still considered proper Himalayans.
- Head Collars: These unique collars suffer from their unfortunate appearance: because they attach around the animal's muzzle and the back of the head, they are often mistaken for protective muzzles.
- Head collars work on different principles and are more comfortable for both the animal and the owner, despite a startling resemblance to muzzles.Advertisement
- Exotic Pomeranians have sweet teddy bear-like faces with expressive dark almond-shaped eyes, small ears that stand erect on the head and short muzzles.
- Three pair of blue eyes stared back at her from the first stall, and tiny pink cleft muzzles lifted in a cute imitation of their mother's broken cry of joy.
- Their heads jerked up, water dripping from their muzzles as they looked around, their ears perked forward searching for any sound that might indicate danger.
- Mastiffs are powerful, heavily built dogs, with short muzzles, frequently protruding lower jaws, skulls raised above the eyes, ears erect or pendulous, pendulous upper lips, short coats and thin tails.
- These are for the most part large antelopes, with long cylindrical horns, which are present in both sexes, hairy muzzles, no face-glands, long tufted tails and tall thick molars of the ox-type.Advertisement
- These are medium-sized or large antelopes with naked muzzles, narrow sheep-like upper molars, fairly long tails, rudimentary or no face-glands, and pits in the frontal bones of the skull.
- All these are large and generally more or less uniformly coloured antelopes with horns in both sexes, long and more or less hairy tails, high withers, small face-glands, naked muzzles, tall, narrow upper molars, and the absence of pits in the frontal bones.
- Baboons are for the most part large terrestrial monkeys with short or medium-sized tails, and long naked dog-like muzzles, in the truncated extremity of which are pierced the nostrils.