Mutilating sentence example
- In the Hesiodic fable, Cronus separates the heavenly pair by mutilating his oppressive father Uranus.
- Then came the religious fanaticism of Akhenaton, mutilating all figures of Ammon and all inscriptions containing his name; this made havoc of the exquisite monuments of Hatshepsut; and the restorers of the XIXth Dynasty, refusing to recognize the legitimacy of the queen, had no scruples in replacing her names by those of the associate kings Tethmosis I., II.
- His visions were more than just his death; they were the first-person experience of the torturing and killing of many, many others, as if she were mutilating others.
- So despotic did the tyranny become in the West, that in the time of Charlemagne it was necessary to restrain abbots by legal enactments from mutilating their monks and putting out their eyes; while the rule of St Columban ordained loo lashes as the punishment for very slight offences.
- This is important to remember when making dollar origami because mutilating or defacing U.S. currency is a federal crime.Advertisement
- The emperor returned, however, in 1858, and after several repulses succeeded in entering Ankober, where he behaved with great cruelty, murdering or mutilating all the inhabitants.